We hung out at the library for a few hours today and may I say that I LOVE the library! I love books and I love reading them. I was a bookworm growing up and I still love to sit and read when I get the chance to. What I loved the most about reading was being transported to different time periods, different worlds, walking in other people's shoes and feeling what they felt. I loved it! I didn't even realize the positive things it was doing to my brain, so win win!
We also love to encourage reading in our home. On that topic I looked up the top 10 benefits of kiddos reading or reading to them and this is how Earlymoments.com narrowed it down:
- It helps build a strong relationship with you.
- Promotes academic excellence.
- Basic speech skills
- Teaches the basics of how to read a book
- Better communication skills
- Mastery of language
- More logical thinking skills
- Acclimation to new experiences
- Enhanced concentration and discipline
- The knowledge that reading is fun!
Next time you're wanting a fun activity to do with your kiddos on a rainy day ... or even on sunny day, I'm sure your town/city has a pretty cool library to hang out in! Take some cute pictures while you're there as well, there's something so extraordinary and artistic about the buildings where books live.
• all kids are gifted // dr. seuss // earlymoments.com •